06/03/2021 - 09/03/2021
2:00 pm - 9:30 pm
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. MHFA England training won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
What will I learn?
The course is structured around a blend of individual learning and live instructor-led sessions. These are all conducted online via the new Online Learning Hub developed by MHFA England. The online learning hub is an integrated learning platform where you can access learning materials, communicate with your instructor and join the live sessions.
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. The Two-Day Adult MHFA, split into four session, is a practical skills and awareness course designed to help you:
- Identify, understand and help someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone
- Empower someone to access the support they need for recovery or successful management of symptoms
- Understand how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you
For information, see the official Adult MHFA Two Day Course brochure.
On completion of the course, you get:
- A certificate of attendance to say that you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a toolkit to support your own mental health
16 years and over
Day 1: 6 March 2021 – 2pm – 4.30pm GMT
Day 2: 7 March 2021 – 2pm – 4.30pm GMT
Day 3: 8 March 2021 – 7pm – 9.30pm GMT
Day 4: 9 March 2021 – 7pm – 9.30pm GMT
Prior to each of these sessions there are pre-learning activities for you to complete, which will take between 1-2 hours. The pre-learning material comprises reading, videos, and activities for you to engage with and this information is then discussed and consolidated within the live sessions.
CoEJ Jamaat Members: £50 per person
Non-Members: £150 per person
NB: MHFA England values this course at £300 per person, however CoEJ is happy to offer this at a heavily subsidised rate.
Registration closes on Sunday, 21 February 2021 in order for orders for course materials to be placed and delivered to participants by MHFA England before Day 1 of the course. Course fees are inclusive of course materials and postage.
LIMITED SPACES. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
Log in details for Zoom will be sent to registered participants prior to the course.
This event is fully booked.